Hello and welcome, friends! I know it’s been a hot minute since I posted last. I knew that I wanted my next post to be non-yoga related, but I wasn’t sure what to write about. After some thought and a couple brainstorming sessions, it came to me. What better way for you to get to know me than to read 10 fun facts about me! Have FUN reading these, and let me know if we have any in common!
10 Fun Facts about Bridget Guisinger:
In no particular order…
- David Bowie is my favorite artist. I was 3 years old when I first saw the movie Labyrinth and it quickly became one of my favorites. I re-watched and rewound that VHS tape countless times before my mom accidentally taped over it when trying to record one of her soap operas (ah, does anyone else remember those struggles?!). Thankfully by this time, DVDs had been invented and my mother replaced that old VHS (I now own 5 digital copies of the Labyrinth, in case anyone wants to borrow it ;-)). I love David Bowie so much that I even named our dog after him. Granted, my dog is a girl, but it works! When we adopted her, the foster parent had been calling her “Bonnie.” Josh and I were not a fan but we didn’t want to change the name up too much and confuse her. I thought Josh would completely shoot down the idea of naming her Bowie, but to my surprise he loved it just as much as I did! Ok, maybe not AS much as me, but he agreed and she’s been Bowie ever since (Oh and she loves it, by the way, just in case you were wondering ;-))
This is one of the first pictures we took of Bowie when she met one of her sets of grandparents (my parents). Can you see the resemblance?! David Bowie lives on in that sweet, little face <3
2. I am a Texas gal, born and raised. I was born in a tiny (not so much anymore) town in the northwestern part of Houston called Tomball. When I was a kid I had big dreams of moving away as soon and as fast as I could, and now I live just 20 minutes east of that tiny town. There is still plenty of time to move away but for now, Texas is my home and I am proud of it!
3. I will pick the mountains over the beach any day. Perhaps my infatuation with elevation is derived from my Fun Fact #2? If you’ve ever been to Texas you know that it’s #flat. I have always gravitated towards the mountains and thankfully, so has my husband. We got engaged in the Rocky Mountains, took our honeymoon in the Bavarian and Swiss Alp region in Europe, and we will be taking our 1 year anniversary trip (in October) to the Appalachian Mountains in New England.
4. I LOVE to dance. But I am (admittedly) not very good at it. You guys are some of the first to know that I will be starting ballet and tap classes in the fall! They are 6 week introductory courses for adult #newbs like myself. I haven’t taken dance classes since I was 5 and I’m super stoked about it!
P.S. It is a secret fantasy of mine to tap dance in a Broadway show. Maybe it’s not so out of the realm of possibility? We shall see! 😉
5. My favorite color is purple. Yes, you’ve heard me correctly! That is the first time I have admitted it to myself out loud (or on screen). My favorite color has, for as long as I can remember, always been orange. But I have found myself over the last year gravitating towards the color purple. All of my yoga mats are purple, most of my newer clothes and jewelry are purple, and the color scheme for this website is (obviously) purple! Whew, It’s about time I finally got that off my chest.
6. Owls are my spirit animal. If you have met me in person before, this is probably obvious due to the owl tattoo on my back. It is even more obvious once you walk into my house. Upon entering Casa de Guisinger, you will immediately notice owl artwork, owl figurines, owl dinner plates, and even owl pencils! Owls have always been my favorite animal and you could probably trace this all the way back to when I was 3 and watching Labyrinth for the first time. For those who have not seen the movie (first of all, what are you doing with your life? JK…sort of) Jareth the Goblin King (aka David Bowie) turns into an owl several times during the movie. And if that doesn’t make you want to stop what you’re doing and go watch it, I don’t know what will. But finish the blog post first!
7. I am a proud big sister to a 25 year old brother named Brandon. We have finally gotten to the age where we don’t need tape separating our space in the car on road trips. He has turned into a pretty cool dude.
8. I graduated from the University of Houston in 2013 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Geology. Throughout undergrad and up until this past January I worked in a geochemistry lab; first as a laboratory technician and then as a Project Manager. Science has, and will always be, one of my greatest loves. But sitting at a desk behind a computer 50 hours of the week is not what I am called to do, and that is ok! Geology has already weaved it’s way into my yoga love affair and I have BIG plans for combining them in the future.
9. My (practical) dream car is a Subaru Outback. Laugh all you want but this car was made for all of the mountain terrain I plan on exploring!
10. I LOVE to travel. I have not gotten to do it as much as I would have liked in my early 20s, but Josh and I have promised to take at least one (bigger) trip and a few smaller, local trips every year. Next year we have California and Canada on the list! My bucket list items include, but are not limited to; Alaska, New Zealand, Scotland, Ireland, Croatia, and France.
Well, there you have it! I hope you enjoyed reading these as much as I had writing them. Now that you know me a little better, let me know if we share anything in common! Until next time…